A new option for bespoke funerals and memorials in Devon.
Some very exciting news to share today! After lots of behind-the-scenes planning during lockdown, I can finally reveal that I will be the new resident celebrant at the absolutely stunning location of Cadhay House, Ottery St Mary in East Devon.
History, Peace and Tranquility.
Cadhay is a beautiful and historic Tudor manor house where we will be offering ‘Celebration of Life’ ceremonies – a funeral or memorial set in the peace and tranquility of the Devon countryside. This is a unique opportunity to come together with friends and family to remember a loved one outside of the setting of a crematorium. A fitting and special tribute to someone who was loved and cherished.
The bespoke ceremony will take place in the Granary, a building with a simple, classically pure interior and large glass windows which frame the glorious countryside, enhancing the room with an abundance of natural colour and light. On the far side of the Granary, wide double doors open up inviting contemplation around the stunning Gardens and Medieval Ponds.
Included in the package is:
- Use of the Granary for the service
- A fully personalised ‘Celebration of Life’ ceremony with Aurora Ceremonies
- A custom-written eulogy (or assistance if the family wishes to write their own)
- A family interview at Cadhay to capture the deceased’s life story
- Guidance and support through every stage of the ceremony planning
- Suggestions for readings and music, if required
- A printed copy of the script to treasure forever
- Management of a visual tribute
- Printed order of service booklets for all guests to keep, featuring details of the celebration, photos, hymns, readings and a message from the family
Refreshments in The Apple Store.
There’s no need to visit a second venue for refreshments and reminiscing with your guests – The Apple Store is just across the courtyard, where a local caterer can offer you a range of options ranging from a light buffet to a full sit down banquette as well as a licensed bar. The Apple Store leads out to the secluded walled garden and a sun terrace of tables and chairs, the perfect place to slow down and immerse yourself in nature.
A ‘Celebration of Life’ ceremony at Cadhay costs £950. Hire of the Apple Store and catering options are at additional cost. Find out more by downloading a brochure.
For more information or to book a ‘Celebration of Life’ call 07990 592021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.